Saturday, February 14, 2009

Koous Collection at Seneca College Aboriginal Artshow '08

I would like to thank the First Peoples at Seneca College, Newnham Campus, for inviting me to showcase my Koous Collection at the Aboriginal Artshow '08.

What a proud delight to be apart of an official unveiling of the above original painting by
Christian Morrisseau, son of the late Norval Morrisaseau. This painting will add greatly to a colourful presence of First Nations students on campus.

The Seneca Aboriginal Artshow offered an excellent opportunity to meet and network with other Aboriginal Artists living in Toronto. I also recieved interest from other community organizers to be invited to future events to share my textile art talents.

This particular artshow inspired my interest to look into attending fashion design school. One of the fashion design instructors went out of her way to visit my display table and suggested I come to her office to collect information about their three year fashion design program.

The wheels began to turn and conversations about going back to school began with my husband and my Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council. Manifesting a future in fashion begins...

No comments: